SWITCH is dedicated to improving the environmental and economic sustainability of the Kingston region through promoting development and commercialization of energy efficient and alternative energy technologies, products, processes, and services. SWITCH aims to create a local concentration of industrial, commercial, investment, applied research, and educational activities in the alternative energy sector by providing networking, technical advisory, project facilitation, and informational services to local private and public sector organizations, research and educational institutions, community groups, and individuals.
945 Princess Street,
Kingston, ON, K7L 3N6, Canada
Please direct media inquiries to the SWITCH staff
SWITCH provides a number of services for its contributing members, including:
- Facilitation of communication between the private sector, all levels of government, research & educational institutions, interested individuals, and community groups.
- Monthly Roundtable Meetings of the Kingston region's sustainable energy community, including circulation of minutes and action items to members.
- Brokering of partnerships in support of member initiatives that reduce the impact of energy use on our environment.
- Representation of the sustainable energy community's interests to local, provincial, and federal governments.
- Expert review of business and technical proposals.
- Staging of educational events and symposia.
- Collection and monitoring of sustainable energy news and events, delivering information to members through a email distribution, online calendar etc.
- Promotion of the Kingston region's growing sustainable energy community locally, nationally, and internationally.
- Acting as the "first call" resource for those interested in Sustainable Energy in Eastern Ontario.
- Find out more and learn how to join SWITCH.