Welcome to the Awards page!
- To submit your award for our page, please email us with details. Awards will be displayed here for a period of one year.
The SWITCH Sustainable Energy Awards honour the innovators and leaders in sustainable energy who are working to position the region as a leading centre for sustainable energy. Recipients of the 2011 SWITCH Sustainable Energy Awards Harvest Luncheon were honoured on October 21, 2011 at St. Lawrence College in Kingston.
Sustainable Energy Innovation Award
Urban Initiative Award
Rural Initiative Award
Community Leadership Award
Kingston Hydro conservation Award
And the winners were....click here to learn more.
SWITCH celebrates its members' successes!
- Award: Creative Use of Concrete Award
- Awarded by the National Precast Concrete Association
- Anchor won for their reinforced precast concrete beams for Bombardier's Monorail Test Track project.
- Award: The Green 30
- The award is based on how employees view their employers environmental efforts.
- Award: Canada's 50 Best Managed Companies of 2011
- Award: Home Sweet Home organized by Ontario Green Spec.
- Awarded for the design of a theoretical green home for an imaginary
'client' who lives in Kapaskasing, ON, Canada.
The three goals of the challenge are for the house to be:
1) Healthy and Comfortable,
2) Efficient, Effective and Economical, and
3) Ethical: Ecologically and Socially Responsible.
Read more here.
- Award: Canadian Eco-Leader Award.
- Awarded to celebrate grassroots environmental efforts.
Haddon Wilson, ESET Program at St. Lawrence College
- Award: Kingston Hydro Award for Sustainable Energy Leadership.
- Awarded to a returning student enrolled full-time in the Energy Systems Engineering program who has demonstrated above average academic achievement and leadership through supporting sustainable energy education and deployment within the student population and Kingston community.